How To Start A New Project
HOW TO START A NEW PROJECT
Throughout the years, the CIBM Center for Biomedical Imaging has established and supported many fruitful collaborations with researchers around the world which has resulted in joint research funding, numerous publications, patents and technology transfer.
The following steps outline how to start a new research project requiring access to CIBM’s infrastructure, support and expertise.
- The Principal Investigator (PI) is welcomed to contact a CIBM Core member to discuss the new project and the study design.
- After this initial contact, the CIBM Section Head and associated staff will briefly discuss the planned project and may ask the PI further questions should clarifications be needed .
- in order to allocate the required resources and for administrative purposes, the PI will be requested to submit an online application form
- If the new research project requires access to CIBM’s infrastructure, then the PI is required to review and sign the Infrastructure Use Policy Agreement which indicates that s/he has read and understood the rules and regulations of the platform.
- If the study involves human subjects and is not a pilot or a phantom study, Ethics Committee Approval is mandatory and a copy of the approval letter needs to be submitted to the CIBM
- If the study involves live animals, an approved authorization for animal experiments is mandatory and a copy of the Form A : Application for licence to perform animal experiment and Form B needs to be submitted to the CIBM.
- Once all of the above is complete, please fill in the appropriate application form.